Most Valuable Map
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hosting

3 posters

Go down

Hosting Empty Hosting

Post by SharOfAussie Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Hosting

This is just a little guide (not to complicated, as it is impossible for me to describe every single one of you how to do it since everyone got different routers) about Hosting. This is more or less a Laptop connected to a router hosting (Wireless) as a plugged in cable only needs to allow the game.

Setting Up the Router

1. It is important that you actually have access to your router. If you do not, then you can just skip this guide and go play via other people.

To access your own router you have to type in your own IP address into the browser. (you can also find your IP by going to Run and write in CMD and press enter. On CMD type in Ipconfig and find the IP address)

2. Inside the router you have some configuration to do. It is impossible for me to know especially what do for your computer but there is a site for it.

The important parts are that you find your inside IP which is again found by using CMD and typing Ipconfig. The inside IP is your Default Gateway. Also turning of UPnP is important as that is blocking most of the ports.

After opening the ports (which should be 6112 - 6113 - 6114) you can go and try to host a game, then go to this site and enter the port of what you are hosting (probably 6112 as it is the "original" port for WC3, unless you've changed it) if you see Success and some green letters then you have successfully opened your ports and can host.

First Edit: ( I kinda figured this is the wrong forum to post it in, but didn't find anywhere else to post it) and if you got problems please just ask and I'll try my best)

Second Edit: (If you got problems with getting full team while hosting, try hosting this game a Hero Survival game. It worked for me yesterday, since people are to skeptic to try new games) (Edited some typos)

SharOfAussie

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Hosting Empty Re: Hosting

Post by DevilishMonkey Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:52 pm

nice guide Very Happy
DevilishMonkey
DevilishMonkey

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down