Most Valuable Map
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ability suggestions for 1.30

+2
DevilishMonkey
Falk
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ability suggestions for 1.30 Empty Ability suggestions for 1.30

Post by Falk Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:11 pm

I am working on 1.30 abilities but i still don't have all of the abilities i'm adding in mind, so if you have any idead of any ability you want to see on mage, druid or warlock, please let me know Smile
If you have an ability in mid for another class please let me know too, adn i'll see what i can do Smile
Thanks

Last edited by Falk on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Falk
Falk
Admin

Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2008-06-29

https://mvmap.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ability suggestions for 1.30 Empty Re: Ability suggestions for 1.30

Post by DevilishMonkey Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:26 pm

well i dont like the splash heal thing from the priest ( my role is most of the time priest or tank so .. ) its not useless but it dont fit the priest role .. the cooldown decrease and healboni buff was better ^^
DevilishMonkey
DevilishMonkey

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:28 pm

I'll try to change Improved Holy Light to the way it was in older versions, but i don't garantee it, i changed it because i couldn't fix its bug, but i'll try it again
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharOfAussie Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:50 am

What about some more summoning spells for Warlock? So far there is only the one inferno demon summon

SharOfAussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:39 am

You mean, a 'meteor storm' like inferno summoning?
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharOfAussie Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:59 am

like summoning a quill beast or something.

SharOfAussie

Back to top Go down

Ability suggestions for 1.30 Empty suggestions2

Post by poisoner Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:32 am

warlock =
1] more curses!
2] friendly effective buffs!
3] Summon pets!

Mage =
1] frost shield buff, u can buff friends to absorb x amount of dmg.
2] summon tide elemental or some water element.
3] maybe ice barrier that protects people behind it.
4] drain mana skill.

druid =
1] maybe stronger heals so u can play role of healer better.
2] some tree's summons to protect u and fight for u.
3] grow skill, something like the bear form grows bigger and becomes like stone or something.

priest =
1] replace for the shadow form: skill that has 2 sides the shadow and the light side, you press once.. you become the normal priest with heals or what ever uve choosen at the begining, you press again on the skill, and u become the shadow priest, all of the skills that uve choosen at the begining becomes the opposite, healing=dmg beside of heal, buff for friends=becomes curse, holy dmg=becomes shadow dmg, u got the point.

Archer =
1] should have some dog/wolf for tank,support.. what ever.
2] maybe rapid fire skill, to shoot few arrows/per sec.
3] should have some sprint ability.

shaman =
1] some dps totems if u go on dps
2] maybe skill that works like that: the less hp u have the stronger u become.
3] should have EarthShield buff, can be casted on friends, and when u hit the target that has earch shield buff it heals for x amount.

hunter or warlock =
1] should be able to take control of boss's summons or atleast make the some summon's fight against their bosse's, could be cool.

items =
i know its hard, and it takes time to change the system but adding items and rewards into the game will make it muchhhhhhh! more intresting.

thx for reading, ill update if ill have more ideas.

Last edited by poisoner on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:20 am; edited 3 times in total

poisoner

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 am

//warlock
Warlock already have summons, doesn't he?
But i got an idea from that suggestion, i'll remove that generic summon demon and i'll ad 5 different summon demon abilities, each summoning a different demon with different stats and abilities, but i'm not sure if i'm changing that for 1.30
I'll try to add different friendly effective auras on warlocks new summoned demons
//Mage
Thanks for the frost shield buff idea, i'm working it out for 1.30
Already made the summon water elemental for mage. but thanks for the idea Smile
//Druid
Adding a strong healing spell with 20s cooldown
Adding Force of Nature (treant summon)
Already changed 'Swipe' to 'Improved Bear Form' , that should replace your grow skill suggestion
//Priest
I'm sorry, but in older versions morphing abilities (ethereal form, treant form and bear form) could be activated and deactivated, but wc3 doesn't record units abilities when morphing, so i had to do it all with triggers, and that caused many bugs when using morph abilities that i couldn't fix, so i changed all of them to passive.
btw, shadow form changes priest's abilities in 1.30 , but it can't be deactivated once learned
//Archer
Aren't the skills you suggested ultimates already? (summon hawk and arrow volley)
//shamman
He already has a "damage totem" called lightning sphere but i'm adding an aura damage totem in future versions, not in this one
Shamman's attack damage is already kind of big, so i don't feel like adding a + attack damage ability to him

I'm sorry about the itens , i know everyone is expecting them, but they're not my highest priority atm, i'm focusing on balancing the map and finishing warlocks, mages and druids abilities
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poisoner Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:24 am

cool, ive added few things i hope u noticed the "mage's drain mana"
archer's "spring" m shaman's "healing shield"

poisoner

Back to top Go down

Post by WarBoss Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:42 am

ok because i am lover of warlock and best knowing him i think about some awsome ideas...lets start Very Happy

summoning spell: make the summoning spell in the start but make him really balanced like the first summons really low hp \low dmg skills and etc and with the lvls will up u will gain more powerfull summons... it will be more realistic, what warlock dont need some summons in the start?Very Happy and add the felguard summon u know the Sven from Dota as last summon Razz and ofc the infernal..skill that will stun dmg the area and start fighting for the warlock

New spells:

1. make Fear spell or Death coil spell u know the famous fear spell sending the enemy to walk around till u will dmg them again for 10 sec... .and the death coil same point but restoring 30% of warlocks life and sending the target to walk some little time.. like 4 sec..

2. u can make more passive skills that improve the ability's of the warlock or improve hp amount of his pets. like voidwalker improved hp amout (he sepost to tank ) etc things btw... make to pets more skills like void sacrefice that warlock gain shield from dmg or hp restore and etc to all other pets

3.AOE DMG lets call it the Shadow Strike strikes all what in his area and stuns for some time...

4. Destruction spells as i know there is 3 kinds of warlock the curses the summoner and the destruction warlcok this kind of warlock makes heavy dmg like mage but not exactly he sacrifice his own life for mana (life pact) and sends high dmg and high mana worth skillz for this i think u need to add an effect that will make it better passive skill that called :Soul lich this skill will give some % for each time warlock sends an a destruction spell to regenerate some % of his own life ...btw.. add to warlock HellFire skill warlock dmges himself and all what near him in waves of fire good for killing massive waves of creeps u know the little bastards that eating our precious priests.... more destruction skill is immolate, conflargate,and ofc our lovely Chaos Bolt

5. the Grand fennale the most interesting thing in my post is the Metamorphosis the skill that destroys the summoned pet of the warlock or not giving to summon it the warlock become like a Big Bad Demon that got some skill of warrior or and some of his own etc... impale(the one that u run to ur target and face stabbing) improved shadow bolt self burning like the shaman but more powerfull and some of fire skills but all this not for long time like 15 sec and in this critical seconds the warlock will make his massive dmg:P

WarBoss

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:44 am

Mage's mana recovery is now a basic ability and it should replace drain mana
i'll add bonus movement speed to archer's concentration
Shamman's eath shield is a priest ability (divine protection), but i know shamman needs a target healing spell, i just can't think of one Sad
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poisoner Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 am

falk, i wrote it on 1.29b post but not sure u noticed copying the post:

falk!, once again 1.29b
6 ppl ...

first boss dead.. [no chances spent]
second boss dead.. [warlock died] , [no chances spent]
third boss [warlock didnt revive], we all died... [no chances spent] but we dont revive... :/

p.s. someone above me posted very big post about warlock .. it has some nice tips Razz

poisoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:03 pm

I liked the hellfire idea, i'm probably adding it in 1.30
I'm also adding demonic sacrifice, wich sacrifices your demon to give you a buff
I'm changing summoned demons on the next versions , not in 1.30, sorry
Metamorphosis is complicated, like i said, it requires triggered ability changing and that usualy results in bugs, but the idea is great, i'll try it, but i don't garantee i can do it without bugs Sad
Death coil , thansk for the idea, i'm adding it as a heavy targeted damage spell , with a lifesteal effect and a big cooldown, but i don't feel like adding the fear effect to it.
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:07 pm

poisoner wrote:falk, i wrote it on 1.29b post but not sure u noticed copying the post:
falk!, once again 1.29b
6 ppl ...
first boss dead.. [no chances spent]
second boss dead.. [warlock died] , [no chances spent]
third boss [warlock didnt revive], we all died... [no chances spent] but we dont revive... :/
p.s. someone above me posted very big post about warlock .. it has some nice tips Razz

I did read it, but i couldn't find the bug, i tried testing it and the bug didn't happen, but now that you said you didn't spend chances when everyone died, it helps me alot to find the bug, it's probably because of a variable used to see if everyone is dead, and the warlock didn't have that variable, so he didn't revive the first time and since he wasn't dead the game did not know everyone was dead, thanks i'll try to fix that.
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharOfAussie Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Falk how much trouble is it to add a new Class?

SharOfAussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm

SharOfAussie wrote:Falk how much trouble is it to add a new Class?

17 ideas for new abilities =|
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharOfAussie Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh, well ^^ If someone comes up with 17 abilities and shit then its no hard deal?

SharOfAussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:26 pm

it takes some time toc reate the abilities depending on how complext they are, specialy if i don't know how to make them or they generates bugs, maybe about a week to get it done and tested.
If you have a new class suggestion just say it, i can take a look at it and maybe add it in 1.40
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SharOfAussie Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Okio I'll see if I can do something ^^

SharOfAussie

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:29 pm

Death coil , thansk for the idea, i'm adding it as a heavy targeted damage spell , with a lifesteal effect and a big cooldown, but i don't feel like adding the fear effect to it.

Sorry but I already did warlock's 5 new abilities and Death Coil and Metamorphosis weren't added, but i did add a new curse (Immolate), 2 passive abilities (Drain Soul and Shadowfury), 1 AoE ability (Hellfire) and 1 buff ultimate ability (demonic sacrifice)

Immolate : deals X initial damage and then Y damage over 8 seconds
Drain soul : icnreaes crit rating for 8s when killing a unit
Shadowfury : increases attack damage when doing critical damage
Hellfire : deals AoE damage to nearby enemy units and to yourself
Demonic Sacrifice : sacrifices your summoned demon to increase damage you deal by X%
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hamissu Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:14 pm

My Idea , plz check it
///WARRIOR
3 basic skills : increase mana when take damage - vampiric aura - +crit rating
remove the skill deal % agi when behind by the skill a% bonus b damage when attack
thunderclap also taunt mob
the skill add %HP in damage , remove the HP that warrior lost when attack , just drain health per sec

add ROGUE
3 basic skills : windwalk - evasion - blink
9 skills : fan of knives - venom strike - add poison in attack - silence - blink strike - mirror image - aura bonus damage - howl of terror - knife mastery [+2/4/6/8/.. damage]
3 special skills : reduce spell damage taken - add %agi when behind - burst attack speed & movement speed
3 ulti : critical - dupplicate hero - slash n times

HUNTER
remove skills : add% agi when behind , use skill : a% to bonus b x agi damage
summon more pet

MAGE
add basic skill : blink

WARLOCK : more curses : miss , banish

DRUID :
bear form , change armor type : not unarmor Neutral
remove provoke by roar taunt : increase armor & taunt in x sec

[to be continued ...]

hamissu

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:37 pm

Thank you for your suggestions.

//Warrior
-Changing 'Backstab' ability to a new one, not sure what i'm adding atm but i'll think of something
-I haven't tested warrior's 'Vital Strike' ability after increasing the % of health damage it deals but i'll take a look at it, and if needed i'll change something.
-'Vampiric Aura' warrioir already has it, but it only works for him, i can change it to work for friendly melee units too, but i don't think that would be balanced unless i decrease how much it heals per attack, but i'll try changing it in 1.30 to test it.

//Rogue
-Saved your suggestion for next version, thanks (1.40 or 1.50 maybe)

//Archer
-I'll work on new pets for the next versions (1.40 probably)
-Changing 'Surprising attack' to a Active ability with a similiar effect.

//Mage
-Do yu really think spending ability points only a Blink spell is worth it? I'll add it as a basic ability if i can't figure out anything better

//Warlock
-Warlocks have 'Immolate' in 1.30, is not really a curse but it works like one
-I did not give Warlocks banish because they have 'Cripple', and having 2 disables on the same class is kind of useless

//Druid
-Druid's 'Bear Form' armor is not Unarmored, it's Small, that's to make him better than warrior and paladin tanks in cenrtain boss fights and worse in others (Small armor takes less damage from magic, spell and chaos damage)
-I'm not sure giving him a AoE Taunt is better than the provoke he already has, in certain fights it's better to focus tank only 1 target while your off-tank tanks the others (Druid's provoke hotkey is changed in 1.30 to fix 'Roar' hotkey problems)
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hamissu Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:11 pm

more idea
health potion : 50 hp , mana potion : 30mana
so 1 point = 1 strength add 10 hp , so 1 point add mana must add 6 mana point

strength : add 10 health point & 0.1 hp per sec
agility : add 4% attack speed & 2 movement speed
intelligent : add 6 mana & 0.06 mana per sec
the spell power add 2 spell damage , 2 spell damage single target , 1 spell damage aoe , 4 healing spell
the attack power add 2 normal damage
defense :
hit :
crit :
evade :
resistance : rename to resilence
add resistance : 1 point : 1% reduce spell damage [max at 75% :-? ]

hamissu

Back to top Go down

Post by Falk Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Increase Mana : it increased 5 points in older versions, but i changed it because it was imba, so if you really want me to make life and mana potions proportinal then i'm reducing mana potions, not increasing Increase Mana ammount, so Mana Potions aren't changing for now
Agility : Each agility point is increasing attack speed by 5% and movement speed by 3 on 1.29b, do you really think it should be reduced to 4% and 2 ?
Strength : I removed Health regen from strength because life regeneration is too imba in most cases (some abilities give life regeneration, they're awesome just try playing with them and notice the life regeneration units get from it [consider units have 0 life regeneration per second unbuffed])
Intelligence : Giving int both mana bonus and mana regeneration bonus means reducing how much bonus it gives, and that can't be 6 and 0.06. (having mana regeneration is better than mana maximum in certain cases and worse in other)
Spell power : Spell power is increasing spell damage by 1-2(works on most single targeted spells), healing by 2-4 (it's bugged[4-4] in 1.29b but i fixed it in 1.30), it's hard to increase AoE spells damage based on your spell power, but it's possible, however, i don't feel like adding it since AoE spells are very strong when using against multiple targets.
Attack Power : Attack Power (Increase attack) is increasing attack damage by 1-2 and it looks more interesting than increasing by 2-2 (correct me if i'm wrong please)(i could make it increase by 2-3, but it would cost more and i don't think that woould be nice)
Resistance : The spell damage reduction idea is great, but it wouldn't be worth it to spend 1 attribute points to decrease spell damage taken by 1% when you could increase your hit points maximum by 10, and increasing spell reduction more than 3%/level would be too much at higher levels i think
Again, thanks for your suggestions and i'm sorry i can't do most things you suggested because most of them completely changes game balancing Sad
Falk
Falk
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hamissu Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:27 pm

[send u a mail , but also post it , because i afraid u cant receive my mail , reply me if u get the mail]

about the bot
the bot look like stupid :-s
in use stats , use skill ...
so u can remove the bot , just apply the way player can control computer without bot , the computer do nothing if player dont control
& the stats , the red player will get it , so he/she can add computer's stats , or add stats him/herself
this isn't imbalance , because the computer is very bad compare with a human
we have 5 person , best friend , & always play this map with only 5 player [computer very stupid T^T , i choose the pally tanker , choose bot-type is tank , & the pally add damage , armor , somtimes add hp Neutral , or choose druid healer as caster , it add 10 amor T^T , 4 spell , 250 hp ...]
so i think in patch 1.3 u need remove the bot-system , player just create computer & control it/them , the bonus stats for adding computer's stats [or if u can create the system , player use computer's point for add their stats ... it's better ^^]

hamissu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next